The earthy sweetness of roasted winter vegetables complements this piquant dish. Try turnips, rutabaga, sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips; garnish with dried apricots.
4-White Pekin Boneless, Skinless Duck Breasts
Non-stick Cooking Spray, as needed
Freshly Ground Pepper, as needed
1-11.5 ounce can Apricot Nectar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp Brandy (Apricot is preferred)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Water
1.5 cups Sweet Potatoes (peeled, cut into 1/4" slices)
- Spray both sides of duck breasts with non-stick cooking spray; add pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat, add duck and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove meat and set aside.
- Place apricot nectar, brown sugar, brandy, and cinnamon in pan to deglaze. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Mix cornstarch with water to form a slurry. Add to pan and stir. Allow to thicken.
- Add sweet potatoes and reduce heat to low.
- Add duck breasts and cook 15 to 20 minutes to desired doneness. Potatoes should be tender.