Grilled Duck with Moroccan Yellow Pepper Fruit Salsa
This delightfully fresh, fruity and easy-to-prepare recipe is a perfect summer entree.
2 large yellow peppers, cored and diced
1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
2-3 medium sized ripe, but firm, peaches; peeled and diced
2 ripe firm Anjou pears, cored and diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 dash fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons sweetened lime juice
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
4 boneless duck breasts
1 tablespoon honey
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine yellow pepper onion, peaches, pears, cranberries, and lemon and lime juice into large mixing bowl.
- Mix in honey and chopped mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 30-40 minutes. Toss every 10 minutes.
- Brush duck breasts with honey and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from grill and let rest about 3 minutes.
- Slice duck breast and place on dish with dollop of salsa in between each slice.