Grilled Duck with Mascarpone and Spicy Raspberries
4 boneless, skinless duck breasts
1 cup pear juice concentrate
1/2 cup red wine
1 loaf challah bread
16 ounces fresh mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup fresh chilled raspberries
2 tablespoons red chile pepper jelly
salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate duck breasts in pear juice and red wine for 30 minutes.
- Before cooking, brush duck breasts with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium- high heat for about 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from grill and let rest for about 3 minutes.
- Mix chopped chives and mascarpone cheese. Keep chilled
- Cut challah bread into points and toast.
- Slice duck very thinkly and against the grain. Place three slices of duck breast on each challah toast.
- Dollop with mascarpone cheese / chive mixture and finish with 1-2 raspberries dredged through chile pepper jelly. Serve immediately.